Superintendent Jeff Price relayed to the Board the upcoming events the OHP staff will be a part of to prepare for the upcoming year. A Transportation Orientation will be held August 9 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. for new and returning substitute teachers and substitute bus drivers on Ohio Hi-Point’s campus. An OHP staff in-service is Monday, August 20, a day before juniors arrive on campus. The first day for seniors is Thursday, August 23.
Ohio Hi-Point’s adult education will begin the process of reinventing the division after the partnership with Clark State, providing classes to business and industry workers who need additional training. The division will focus on catering to Logan, Champaign and Hardin County.
The Board approved an increase in lunch prices by ten cents for the upcoming year. Due to the nation-wide drought and rising food costs, lunches will now cost $2.60 for students and $3.10 for adults.
The Board accepted the resignation of Information Technology Instructor, Amanda Blackburn, for other employment after serving the District for five years as well as ABLE Instructors James King, Lois Lautenschlager and Mary Ann Smith for personal reasons.
Sharon Halter, ABLE Coordinator and Sheryl Risner, ABLE Instructor, will make the transition into the Clark State partnership, resigning at Hi-Point, and accepting employment under Clark State. The ABLE program will remain on Hi-Point’s campus.
In other board action:
- Approved the report of the treasurer including the June 2012 Financial Statement along with listed interests and investments
- Approved employment of Janice M. Didich, Bellefontaine, as Practical Nursing Coordinator effective July 25, 2012
- Approved the high school student handbook, customer service fees and stipends for several committees for 2012-2013
- Approved Dr. Chris O’Conner and Dr. Edwin Boy to serve as school physician and dentist, respectively, for the 2012-2013 school year
- Authorized the opportunity for students and staff members to purchase student/staff school insurance for the 2012-2013 school year through Stolly Insurance Agency Inc. in Lima, Ohio.
The next board meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, August 22, 2012 at 7 p.m. in the Sloan Inn.