Ohio Hi-Point held the career center’s Honored Educators and Top 20 Senior Students Recognition Ceremony last night.
The academic accomplishments of OHP’s top 20 students were recognized, and then the students honored the educators who made the biggest impact on their educational careers. The banquet coincided with National Teacher Appreciation Week.
Ohio Hi-Point’s 2013 Top 20 graduating seniors and the educators they honored are:
- - Rylie Brockman, a Health Technology student from Graham High School, honored Ryan Gilbert, an OHP English instructor
- - Grant Cole, a Construction Trades-Carpentry student from Kenton High School, honored David Marsteller, the OHP Carpentry instructor
- - Kimberly Collinsworth, a Health Technology student from Graham High School, honored John Tullis, a History instructor and track coach at Graham High School
- - Kyla Colwell, a Health Technology student from Triad High School, honored Nancy Dunham, an English instructor at Triad High School
- - Nathan Crist, an Electronics Engineering student that is home schooled, honored Lori Kilfian, Home school instructor and mother
- - Chyla Dunham, a Cosmetology student from Graham High School, honored Cindy Harlan, an OHP Cosmetology instructor
- - Kristine Faulkner, a Health Technology student from Graham High School honored Tammy Heitmeyer, RN, OHP Health Technology instructor
- - Audrey Foster, an Animal Management student from Mechanicsburg High School, honored Rich Brenner, Manager at Jack’s Pets in Bellefontaine
- - Cortney Hill, a Printing and Graphic Arts student from Upper Scioto Valley High School, honored Tom Carrig, the OHP Printing and Graphic Arts instructor
- - Andrew Jones, an Architectural and Mechanical Design student that is home schooled, honored René Mejia, OHP Spanish instructor
- - Haley Jones, an Animal Management student from Benjamin Logan High School, honored Mark Butler, Principal at Benjamin Logan High School
- - Lauren Knepper, a Cosmetology student from Marysville High School honored Lisa Melish, 2nd grade instructor at Mill Valley Elementary
- - Bryanna Messner, a Health Technology student from Graham High School, honored Laura Donnelly, RN, OHP Health Technology instructor
- - Jolene Outram, an Early Childhood Education student from Benjamin Logan High School, honored Angela Walls, the OHP Early Childhood Education instructor
- - Jo’Dawn Parisse, a Culinary Arts student from Graham High School, honored Jennifer Lutz, Venturing Crew Leader
- - Hillary Rader, a Professional Turf and Landscaping student from Bellefontaine High School, honored Cole Carpenter, OHP Professional Turf and Landscaping instructor
- - Lacey Rose, a Cosmetology student from Benjamin Logan High School, honored John Stahl, Art instructor at Benjamin Logan High School
- - Michael Schurter, a Diesel Technology student who is home schooled, honored Marion Schurter, Home school instructor and mother
- - Kathryn Shishler, a Cosmetology student from West Liberty-Salem High School, honored James Barhorst, 6th grade Social Studies instructor at West Liberty-Salem High School
- - Michel White, an Electronics Engineering student from Kenton High School, honored Hilma Ries, German instructor at Kenton High School
The event was made possible through the support of the following sponsors: Honda, Jim Hilliker at Wendy’s, Mary Rutan Hospital, Miller’s Textile Services, Affordable Frames Plus, All Around Awards and Michael’s Pizza.
Convocation for Ohio Hi-Point students is scheduled for Wednesday, May 29 at 6:30 p.m. at Ohio Hi-Point Career Center.